Albert Speer saying that the afro-American prison guards were amongst the nicest guards to the prisioners though.
Every once in a while, it’s important to remember that Harrison Ford was totally fucking hot.
there’s patriotism and then there’s captain america and then there’s enjolras
Then there’s Mussolini.
The first episode of FRIENDS aired 20 years ago.
It’s been 20 years and that is still the best show in existence.
I got from the library Spandau’s Secret Diaries by Albert Speer, because you know, I didn’t have enough to read.
More art about the Polish partitions (first part here)
1) Daniel Chodowiecki in 1781, depicting the Austrian partition. (x)
2) ‘Die Inbesitznahme der polnischen Länder durch Friedrich II’ also called ‘Polen und Friedrich II’ by Bernhard Rode, 1796 (x)
3) ‘The Polish Plumb Cake’ by John Lodge, published in September 1774 in The Westminster Magazine. I tried to find this when I was doing the previous post but the only version I could find then was it used as a book cover. The interesting thing about this one is the inclusion of France, which was not a direct partitioning party, though it did benefit from the partitions in the Napoleonic wars, and did not act to prevent them. (x)
Oh my this thing… time to get proud of
letting people be rude to me without punching them later for itbeing ISFP.
• Jake from Adventure Time
• Pumbaa from The Lion King
• Tracy from Pokémon
• Fluttershy from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
• Mr. Bingley from Pride and Prejudice
• Fantine from Les Misérables
• Nightcrawler from X-Men
• The Dude from The Big Lebowski
Have fun guys~
The test machine spat out an ISTJ profile result so here we go:
- Dr. Kelso from Scrubs
- Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Aleksej Karenin ( lediableaquatre look and lol)
- Darth Vader from Star Wars
- The Terminator
- Girodelle from Rose of Versailles
- Rolf from Ed, Edd n Eddy
…I am pleased.
I knew there was a reason I liked you :D
The thing about this is that sculptures like these in art history were for the male gaze. Photoshop a phone to it and suddenly she’s seen as vain and conceited. That’s why I’m 100% for selfie culture because apparently men can gawk at women but when we realize how beautiful we are we’re suddenly full of ourselves…
Girls don’t let anyone tell you loving yourself is vanity.
“You painted a naked woman because you enjoyed looking at her, put a mirror in her hand and you called the painting “Vanity,” thus morally condemning the woman whose nakedness you had depicted for you own pleasure.” ― John Berger, Ways of Seeing
"Sculptures like that were for the male gaze". Are you serious? Like, for real? Have you got any notion of art history at all or are you just arbitrarily applying today’s views to the classical world because hey, it’s Tumblr?
Sculptures like that were for the male gaze. Hum, yes. It’s not as though most famous sculptures are of men (David for once). It’s not as though most famous sculptures are of religious themes (pietà). Also have you ever looked at Bernini?
Not to mention of course that most sculptures that regard classical theme have men as their object because of the whole male beauty and Antiquity theme. (Depictions of Gods and heroes for instance).
John Berger obviously forgot that in his haste to speak about the “feminine” that many artists that sculpted and painted were not really interested in the female body. Lol, awkward.